Monday, February 15, 2010

Prolonging the Pleasure

I know I promised you the second five of my favorite romantic cinematic couples, but after the wonderful comments I received yesterday, I've decided to dole them out slowly so that you can savour the sweetness.


The Big Easy is one of my all-time favorite crime thrillers. It's stylish, sexy and smart. Again, the stars are from the same generation - hell, they were born only 7 days apart! Dennis Quaid is a human aphrodisiac. Ellen Barkin is smokin' hot. The film features one of the most scorching clothed sex scenes in the history of mankind.

In this clip, Ann Osborne, an attorney in the DA's office, has been brought by some New Orleans policemen to a party celebrating officer Remy McSwain's acquittal on corruption charges. I love the way they move together as they dance. And I love the way she inspires him to become a better person by the end of the film.

7 comments:

Shana said...

I lived in N.O. when this was shot in the 80s. Dennis Quaid was often seen out and about in the French Quarter and was known to be pretty douchey. That said, I campaigned HARD to name my son (born in '87) Remy. Just saying.

Fantastic Forrest said...

I'm not too surprised to hear our man Dennis was not the best guy, based on other things I've read. But he is lovely to watch! :)

Jason, as himself said...

Oh, I love prolonging the pleasure. But I never saw The Big Easy. In fact, I don't know if I've seen any of the movies from this post and the previous.

I just don't get out much.

Kathy Amen said...

ANOTHER one of my favorites. Great minds really do run in the same direction!

Bill Lisleman said...

dennis quaid sure looks younger in that clip. he was but you forget so much time has pasted.

stephanie said...

This movie made me quiver from beginning to end. Perfection.

Bee said...

One of the sexiest films evah!
BTW, I saw a picture of Dennis Quaid recently (at age 55) and he still has great abs.