Monday, June 22, 2009

Choice morsels


Time to share my progress or lack thereof in the battle of the bulge. This is part of my involvement in HASAY, a blogger's support group dedicated to good eating and fitness. I've not accomplished nearly as much as I'd hoped this past week in terms of eating less fattening food and getting more physical activity. But at least I'm not gaining. And I've introduced more whole grains into the house. And I did spend Wednesday evening at the swimming pool in an exercise class with Daring Daughter. Instead of a bunch of donuts or pastries, I bought some whole grain bagels, cream cheese and lox for us all. Healthy, right?

Part of my motivation comes from some clothes shopping I did with Daring Daughter. How depressing. I resemble the women in Dave King's Beach Scene. Except my calves and arms aren't nearly that skinny. Yeah....yuck. So one of my key purchases was a pair of really good walking shoes to replace the ones I've totally worn out. I'm determined to walk my butt off.

I have a long way to go, but it's all about making good choices, one at a time.

8 comments:

Sprite's Keeper said...

Ooh, that is a typical breakfast back home for me. Except I like the Poor Man's Bagel. Ever have one? It's everything except the lox. Use tomato slices instead. They call it the Poor Man's since lox can get expensive. I'm craving one right now!

Bee said...

I have no trouble with the exercise bit, but I LOVE to nosh. And exercising makes me hungrier!

Anyway: buying good equipment is always the first step. As far as my husband is concerned, it's the only stop. Just kidding; he actually went for a long walk with me tonight.

kyooty said...

You're doing wonderful, sometimes being aware, makes little things happen. Hae you seen the smaller size bagels? I heart smaller serving sizes when i'm not tempted to eat more. LOL

Keely said...

Good shoes are really important! And so are small changes. Nice work!

Casey said...

Ohhhhhh, I need to get some new running shoes too. You're really making progress and you're right...good choices are key here. Keep chugging along and you'll be wearing a bikini in no time. Well, if bikinis are your thing. I'm striving to reach tankini shape but that's just me.

Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Walk your bulge off dude!! You can do it! I wanna get back to my MMA classes as well. My studio's show kinda broke into the little exercise routine I started for myself. I'm working on fixing that!

momiji said...

TOTALLY with you on this one!I have absolutely the same problem as you, hence same resolutions. I carry on an every day battle with myself, so it is really soothing to come across confederates in this battle :-)
Good luck to you!

Fantastic Forrest said...

Thanks, all, for the words of encouragement. It helps to know I'm not the only one who's working on this sort of goal.

However, Casey, I'm not deluded enough to think a bikini is ever in my future. A nice tankini is a lovely aspiration!