1. Obsession by Animotion. I immediately thought of the fairly catchy song, and checked out youtube, where I found this totally cheesy video to share with you. To be honest, I hadn't remembered the name of the band. I have no memory of ever having viewed it before, but it will stick with me always from now on. I have not decided whether this is a good thing.
2. Obsession by Calvin Klein. Remember those funky ads? Thanks to the miracle of youtube, you can relive the thrill. I found one here. Five points if you can identify the famous actors who are in this one. I was surprised to learn it was them!
3. Obsession parody by Fry and Laurie. Embedded here for your enjoyment, this is the opener for season four of the funny men's show. You might correctly observe that I am obsessed with them. Is there a problem with that?
Kindly click on the montage to go to the video. For some dumb reason, I can't imbed it directly.
4. Obsession quote. Anita Loos (1892-1981), a pretty fabulous screenwriter and novelist, observed "It's true that the French have a certain obsession with sex, but it's a particularly adult obsession. France is the thriftiest of all nations; to a Frenchman sex provides the most economical way to have fun." Nice. I'm obsessed with most French things, so this is a very good quote.
5. Obsession - a poem by Charles Baudelaire. Bee should appreciate this! Check out her blog's manifesto to understand why. Meanwhile, you can groove to this bizarre "virtual movie" of Baudelaire reciting his poem. It's actually Louis Jourdan speaking. I'm not really a big fan of Baudelaire. I wonder how many readers of Lemony Snicket's books realize that the surname of the family was inspired by the macabre writer.
As a mother of two, I'm mildly obsessed with the notion of giving equal time and attention to each child. Of course, neither child feels that I succeed. Oh well.
As a blogger who enjoys so many fabulous blogs, I am obsessed with sharing the love of this badge with them all. In that spirit, if you're a follower, please grab the badge and do the meme if feel inspired to do so. No pressure. Please let me know if you've picked up the badge by leaving a comment here. Smooches!
I'd like to introduce you all to some other fabulous blogs I've discovered as well. I hereby award the badge to them too. Beware - once you've surfed over to visit them, you may become obsessed with their brilliance.
Kate McCulley's The Grammar Vandal
Cashmere Librarian's Chez La Vie: Creating a Home where Art, Literature, Music and Nature flourish
Tristan Forward's the emotional blackmailer's handbook