Tuesday, February 10, 2009

From Peter's Friends to My Friends














Make new ^ friends .......... but keep the old
* ^ones
one is silver and the other's gold!
*old only in the sense of having been met earlier, not old like aged or decrepit

A while back, I made a new friend. Her superhero blogging name is Bad Mom. You can read about our first meeting here at her blog.

She says what’s in my heart too. Only better.

It’s like when you have a child and think you can’t possibly expand your heart more. That all your capacity for loving is filled up. Then you have another child and realize that you can love them too. Exponential heart growth.

My friendship with Bad Mom has led me to meet a whole bunch of great new in-person friends, the Happy Hour Home Girls. Her comments on my blog’s early posts encouraged me to write more, which led to my making some wonderful new bloggy friends around the world.

One of those friends is Khaye-Mydette Sy Cardenas. Her Melting Chocolate blog is written in the Phillipines. She’s not a native English speaker, but you’d never suspect it from reading her wonderful prose. She makes thinking about the craft of writing so fun.

Khaye honored me with a wonderful Let’s Be Friends award. The award says:
These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award.


I’m feeling extremely warm and fuzzy on this snowy, cold day thanks to Khaye's sweet gesture. Before I bestow the little square of hearts on others, I first want to acknowledge all the lovely people who follow my blog. Some of them don’t have blogs. But they are still kind friends. Those who do have blogs certainly fit the bill for this award and you should click on their avatars to go check out what they’re up to. So followers, consider yourself awarded. If you wish to forward the friendship, great. If you don’t, that’s okay too. (I hate chain mail!)

I will try to spend this weekend traveling blogland to find some new friends to introduce to you all. Meanwhile, I am trying to help protect my Amazing Boy Child’s school orchestra program. This economic crunch is threatening to cause the school board to consider cutting the entire thing, grades 5-12. My violinist is alarmed. Off I go to be Amazing Activist Mom!

7 comments:

Karen Jensen said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such an encouraging note. I'll be back.

lisahgolden said...

Isn't this connection with people through pictures and the written word the most amazing thing about blogging. When I started, I just wanted a place to vent and write. I had no idea that would come into virtual contact with all these amazing people.

Like you. Activist mom! I love that.

stephanie said...

Hey, thanks! Wow. (I especially like how you qualified the "old" part).

It has been a blessing & a joy getting to know you, even though you are far far better than I at the activist thing and I feel a tad guilty. Which is why I remain Bad Mom.

Cheers :D

Shana said...

The Internet is an amazing thing. The world just keeps getting smaller, doesn't it?

See you Thursday... and I have your prize : )

Bee said...

You can never have too many witty, interesting friends!

Kathy Amen said...

Good luck saving the orchestra! Remember to mention the high correlation between doing music and learning math!

Khaye said...

Thanks you for this very sweet post. I am so thankful I found you.