Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I Want Jeeves in my Bedroom! or For A Good Time, Call Stephen Fry



















I just discovered the coolest thing, and I totally want it!

This little beauty is called the Voco Clock. It wakes you up with the gentle voice of Stephen Fry. Whilst he has played a whole lot of characters, including some pretty hilarious women, the clock employs his voice as Jeeves, the perfect gentleman's gentleman.
The clock's promo stuff says it's his character from Gosford Park, but what do they know?


This clock makes me happy. It has some very funny greetings to get you going. Supposedly there are SIX MONTH'S worth of different material before it starts repeating. Who else on earth gives you that many greetings?! I'm not saying that my bedroom life is dull or even occasionally slightly repetitive or anything, but that is a lot of variety. And as my mother always used to say, variety is the spice of life. So I want to spice up my life. Is that so wrong?

Whilst these are all addressed to "sir" you can get a "madam" version. Click on the links for a very good time. You are welcome.


Don't know who Jeeves is? Well, get with it. Read the marvelous Jeeves and Wooster books by P. G. Wodehouse. Then buy the fabulous set of DVD's that were produced in Britain in the early 1990's. Twenty three episodes of total hilarity. Stephen Fry played Jeeves, brilliant valet to Hugh Laurie's hapless Bertie Wooster. You will love them, I promise. If not, I'm not sure I want to know you. No offense, but I have standards.



7 comments:

shrink on the couch said...

I love these alarm clock greetings! Sure beats my radio wake up -- NPR is great, but do I really want my morning to start off with the doom and gloom economy predictions?

stephanie said...

Okay - I have not read the books nor seen the show (insert beating of head on wall). But I'm certain I would love them and I did very much enjoy Gosford Park.

Must have this clock.

Mary said...

O-M-G!!!! I MUST have this! Thank you for calling my attention to it! One for my mother too!

Dave King said...

A really good and original post. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Assistant Village Idiot said...

I don't have TV, so I might not appreciate the Fry voice as much as I should. But this is going on my birthday/Father's Day/Christmas list. One of my sons will pony up for it eventually.

lisahgolden said...

I want that clock more than chocolate.

Bee said...

Oh, I'm loving Fry at the moment. (And we've already spoken of our mutual love for Laurie.) I have a hilarious quote from Fry, all lined up for some future post.