Saturday, February 14, 2009

We'll Always Have Paris


Happy Valentine's Day! Even if today doesn't find you embroiled in a madly romantic situation, I hope that you've had some taste of that in the past. If not (or even if so) I hope you get it in the future. There is nothing like it.

NOTHING.

That wild, oh-my -God-I-am-crazy-about-this-person-and-they-are-crazy-about-me feeling.

Even though it doesn't last. At least, it rarely does.

Something happens.

It turns out that Victor wasn't really killed by the Nazi's and now he's back and he needs your support to carry out the resistance so you've got to break up with Rick, who made you laugh like Victor never could because Victor is too much of a goody-goody.

Don't you hate it when that happens?

Or when your lover dies. Like in the movie I shared with you earlier this week, Truly Madly Deeply.

Or when the cute guys die in these three great flicks.
Name them all and you get 5 points.

















Give me the names of some other tragic romance stories you loved and you'll get 3 bonus points for each.

Happy Valentines Day! Here's to those Paris moments!

10 comments:

Marc Acito said...

Thanks for the cover suggestion. Don't be surprised if we end up with something like it.

TBM said...

Ghost.

Uh.

Uh.

Darn.

Hope you had a Paris moment Valentine's Day :-)

Fantastic Forrest said...

Marc - you're welcome! I'm guessing you'd already thought of it.

JaPRA - 1.666666667 points. Thanks for playing. Not at all, but I appreciate the sentiment, my friend.

Rachel said...

1. Ghost
2. Always
3. Starman

Did I get it right?

Fantastic Forrest said...

Rachel - nice work. Five points. Care to offer your own tragic movie favorites?

stephanie said...

Oh man, Always is a killer...

Truly Madly Deeply is probably one of my favorite tragic romantic movies, along with Brokeback Mountain. Does that seem weird? It feels a little weird.

Four Weddings and A Funeral deserves a mention, too - I know it's supposed to be romantic comedy but the bit between John Hannah & Simon Callow is beautiful & devastating.

Okay I think I'm done...Excellent post, you.

Barry said...

I hate tragic romances. Somehow my wife has a good cry and then comes out of it uplifted, unable to wait to tell her friends how good it was.

Meanwhile I'm left traumatized for months!

Arrrugh!

Fantastic Forrest said...

Stephanie - I'll have to check out Four Weddings and a Funeral. It's been on my list forever, but I haven't gotten round to it. I peeked at the performance you're talking about - John Hannah (who I LOVE) doing the Auden poem at the funeral. So sad!!!

Barry - poor fella! So tell me your favorite non-tragic romance for 4 points. I'm in a generous mood this morning. :)

La Belette Rouge said...

1. Casablanca
2. Ghost
3. Always
4.?

shrink on the couch said...

favorite tragic romance? one of my faves: Out of Africa.